4 large spinach tortillas
2 c. baby spinach leaves, washed
2 roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
1 1/3 c. plain hummus (I used Sabra brand)
salt and pepper
1. Lay out 4 tortillas on a flat work surface. Using a butter knife, spread 1/3 c. of hummus on each tortilla.
2. Over the hummus, lay a layer of spinach leaves. Use enough leaves to cover the surface of the tortilla.
3. Lay 3 or 4 tomato slices down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roll the tortillas up tightly, like a burrito. Slice each tortilla on the diagonal, creating 5 or 6 slices , about 1 1/2 inches thick.
5. Serve the slices on a plate.
This turned out to be one of the favorite recipes of the semester! It received the highest compliment one can get from a teenager: "This tastes kinda like Taco Bell!" Yesssss.
Share, comment, and let me know if you try this recipe out! I kept it simple for teenage tastes, but you can add any veggies you like in there!